Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Letter to My Former Roommate

"Before I turn the lights out, tell me who the fuck you wanna be..."-Can I, Drake feat Beyonce

The first time you ever saw me cry was junior year over relationship problems. It was around September. The first time I ever saw you cry was senior year over a failed movement in one of your dance performances. I think that speaks volumes about who we were as people. I moved out of the room because our personalities clashed, and you liked it cold enough to freeze hell over. Still, even from a distance, I learned things from you. I prided myself on merits, that my GPA and class rank constituted my intellect and that it surpassed that of others beneath me. Never did I have your street smarts though, your inability to hold weight to others' opinions. Seeing you in love was a strange and sometimes amusing development because even then, it was evident your love for him never replaced the love for yourself. You were strong. You never knew you were someone I admired because I felt like you shouldn't have been. Did I have this flaming jealousy? Perhaps somewhere, but I love you and know you'll never see these words, and that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources for Reaching YOUR Political Reps

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative https://www.house.gov/representatives Representatives for Louisiana ...