Friday, June 30, 2017

Consideration

"Pray for me. Just holla at me, I could pray for you, try to make a play for you. Won't you show me love..."-Daniel's Bloom, Mick Jenkins

Consider this: Your body is a temple, a building of great pride and structure. Buildings burn. What's been standing for years can be destroyed in minutes. How about your spirit though? Have you ever wondered if someone else's can affect it? Understand that spirits are infectious. Be cautious of who you allow in without protection: think STD for the soul.

When all this is said and done, your soul is what will matter. Shoutout to all the Christians who talk to me like I'm a lost sheep. I don't follow your beliefs, but thank you for doing what you think is going to help me. (Those of you who are genuine in your motives) Right now, I just want knowledge. All forms of it. I want it spiritually, mentally, the whole like. Real friends, please buy me books. I will do the same for you.

Let's have a day to just go somewhere and scream, cry, pray, talk to one another. We are complex. I don't know the demons you face, but I promise you do not have to fight them alone. Let's detox. Let's spend ten minutes in the mirror admiring the ultimate creation: ourselves. Put your phone down. Take your earbuds out. Turn the TV off. Give yourself ten minutes of your undivided attention, and see what you find. I don't know if the rain I've been walking through has cleansed me, but there's been a shift. I feel the optimism I felt before I let so many other people infect me, before I began shouting at the world for not shouting back. It's so freeing. Having the experience to no longer be naive, but the confidence to be optimistic. Stand for love. Love yourself. Love others. Love water. Love sun. Love the bed that rests your body. Love the gas that lightens your head.

God is love, and we are God. God is within every cell woven together to make our body. We are walking embodiments of love. We just have to be willing to tap into it. No, we cannot save the world. It is too far gone, but certainly we can illuminate small corners within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resources for Reaching YOUR Political Reps

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative https://www.house.gov/representatives Representatives for Louisiana ...